The project ended on December 31, 2015.
Pursuant to the NGO action support programme (hereinafter – ASP) of the European Economic Area and Norwegian Financial Mechanism for 2009 – 2014, the Council of the Society Integration Foundation has approved project No. 2012.EEZ/DAP/MAC/086 submitted by the association “Latvian Red Cross” “Regular Operations of Latvian Red Cross in the Field of Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination”.
Project implementation period: 1 July 2013 – 31 December 2015
The objective of the action programme: to ensure regular operations of the LatLRC in the field of human rights and anti-discrimination, in line with the LatLRC operational principles.
Place of implementation: Latvia, as all 28 committees of the LatLRC, 19 units of the LatLRCY operating in all regions of Latvia will be involved in the programme, along with the secretariat in Riga.
Key measures of the action programme:
1) Continuous operations of the LatLRC providing support to the Latvian inhabitants in the human rights matters, including social and health measures, and anti-discrimination field;
2) LatLRC external communication improvement to attract new members and volunteers;
3) Strengthening capacity of LatLRC in the fields of human rights and anti-discrimination;
4) Development of the LatLRC youth units in the human rights sphere, including in implementation of social and health measures and anti-discrimination field;
5) Involvement in consulting/cooperation process with state administration and municipality institutions to implement interest defence and human rights, as well as anti-discrimination measures.
Planned results of the action programme:
1) Active involvement of 28 committees of LatLRC and 19 units of LatLRCY, providing support to Latvian inhabitants in the field of human rights, including social and health measures, and anti-discrimination;
2) Implemented LatLRC communication strategy and increase in the number of members and volunteers by 3 to 5%;
3) Trained 70 employees of LatLRC committees in the field of human rights and anti-discrimination;
4) Developed LatLRC action strategy in the field of human rights and anti-discrimination;
5) At least 3 to 5 campaigns on the national and regional level implemented in the field of human rights and anti-discrimination, involving locals, entrepreneurs, and other supporters;
6) Trained 75 representatives of LatLRC youth units in the fields of human rights and anti-discrimination;
7) At least 30 consultation organised (including, participation in working groups, cooperation in implementation of different events, etc.) with state administration institutions and municipalities;
8) The website www.redcross.lv has been improved within the framework of project No. 2012.EEZ/DAP/MAC/086/2/NAC/060/2014 “Regular Operations of the LatLRC in the Field of Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination” supported financially by Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway.
Action programme financing: Project total attributed costs 42,150.00 LVL, out of which 90% (37,935.00 LVL) is co-financing of the programme, and 10% (4,215.00 LVL) is financing provided by the project applicant.
Project is supported financially by Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway. www.redcross.lv/www.eagrants.org/www.norwaygrants.org