Social centre „Stūrīši”
The social care centre “Stūrīši” provides social care and social rehabilitation services for pension-age persons and adults with disabilities. The Centre’s territory is equipped with walking paths, benches, pergolas, a football field and a historic church. Up to 130 inhabitants can stay at the Centre. It is possible to live in rooms for one, two, or four persons.
On a daily basis the following specialists take care of the centre’s inhabitants:
- A family doctor;
- A psychiatrist;
- A medical nurse;
- A social worker;
- A social care specialist;
- A social rehabilitation specialist.
Inhabitants of the Centre, depending on their abilities and desires, have the opportunity to get enrolled in various leisure activities:
- To visit the leisure centre: air hockey, table tennis, novus; fitness equipment, performances of artists, educational lectures;
- To visit the church, services of various confessions;
- To go to the cinema, museums, the theatre, concerts, excursions;
- To participate in sports games, mini football competitions;
- To use the computer class and to access the Internet;
- To visit the reading-room and the library;
- To play theatre;
- To attend creative workshops, classes of Latvian and Mathematics;
- To participate events in organised by the Centre: celebrations of festivities, dancing.
To acquire more information, please contact Lāsma Šnēfelde, social worker of the social care centre “Stūrīši” (telephone: +371-63237733, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).