Social centre „Kauguri”
The social centre “Kauguri” offers the following services free of charge:
- Free clothes from the humanitarian aid point for the deprived and low-income inhabitants;
- Free measurement of blood pressure and consultations on general health issues are available in the designated care rooms;
- A soup kitchen in cooperation with the Jūrmala municipality;
- Thematic afternoons, lectures and events both for children and adults, in summer – special activities for children;
- Distribution of food packages from the European Commission for the deprived;
- Creative workshops;
- The Centre’s bathrooms are adjusted for persons with movement difficulties.
In addition to free services, the Centre also operates:
- Rental of auxiliary means (crutches, wheelchairs, rollators, functional beds, etc.);
- A low price shop (new and second-hand clothes, household goods, cosmetics, etc.).
In accordance with the Jūrmala City Council, the following free services are available to the deprived and low-income inhabitants, persons with special needs, pension and pre-pension citizens:
- barbershop services;
- consultations with a psychologist;
- a sewing hobby group.