Social centre „Gaiziņš”
The Social Centre “Gaiziņš” offers the following social care services:
- Services of a night shelter for persons without a permanent place of residence or minors who have suffered from a crisis;
- A shelter;
- The Health Room (with financial support of the Welfare Department of the Riga City Council);
- The humanitarian aid receipt and delivery point;
- The HIV prevention point, self-assistance groups for drug addicts and alcoholics;
- The programme of food packages from the European Commission for the most impoverished persons.
The Centre implements state and municipal projects and programmes:
- The European Commission’s programme for the most impoverished persons – a point for the distribution of food packages.
- Provision of municipal public work;
- Paid temporary public work in municipalities;
- Work practice for young people;
- Employment for persons who have performed criminal offence and who have agreed to amicable settlement by doing coercive social work during one’s free time from work or studies.