Day Centre “Stropiņš”
The Day Centre offers children, age 7 to 18, to spend their free time usefully, provides the necessary information and support to solve social issues, prevents roaming of children. The Day Centre offers children and youngsters to improve their social interaction and practical skills together with social worker, teachers and other specialists, to get new friends and participate at sports and cultural events, as well as different activities.
- Age 7 – 18
- Interest in spending quality time
- Wish to get to know something new
- To get to know other people
To visit the Day Centre “Stropiņš”, a referral from Riga Social Service is necessary.
* Referral can be applied for at the respective territorial social worker of Riga Social Service.
- Assistance at doing homework, projects
- Work with computer, write and copy materials necessary for school
- Involvement in creative activities
- Getting new friends
- Different events
- Participation at discussions
- Obtain new skills, learn to cook
- We can help with Latvian, Russian, English and a bit of German knowledge
- Become volunteer to lead groups of your interest
- Participate and organise events and competitions
- Wash and wash clothing
All services provided by the Day Centre are confidential and free of charge.