The objective of the programme: to improve the quality of life for people of different age groups who are at the risk of social exclusion and the introduction of new forms of social services in the Vidzeme region.
Project implementation period: 01.12.2013 – 31.01.2015
Target group: children, young people, young parents, seniors, people with low income, representatives of ethnic minorities, non-citizens.
Project Implementation Location: Valka Municipality and Cesis district
Project partners: the Norwegian Red Cross, Valka District Council, Cesis Municipality
The results of the project:
- the project made social services accessible (including psychologist, speech therapist, physiotherapist and specialists consultations) as close as possible to the place of residence of the persons who had limited opportunities to use them before;
- 87 persons received psychological consultations, 67 persons received nutrition consultations, 129 persons used speech therapist consultations, 136 children received physiotherapist consultations.
- 82 youth have got new knowledge and skills on voluntary social work, activities helped to reduce their social exclusion and improved their quality of life;
- project promoted youth volunteering development to improve the situation for beneficiaries of the services (72 seniors and people with disabilities) that were provided by volunteers;
- motivated community to engage in Latvian Red Cross and other NGOs, as well as in informal groups working together to improve the quality of life and address social problems;
- 218 children and youth achieved new knowledge and information across different cultures and social groups, communication, active citizenship, healthy lifestyle and voluntary work.
- The project has made a significant contribution to the program “NGO Fund” goal – to strengthen civil society and to strengthen support for social justice, democracy and sustainable development by:
- reduced the social exclusion of the target groups at the risk of social exclusion – children, youth and seniors;
- encouraged children, youth and seniors participation in diverse activities, encouraging their involvement in the life of local communities, as well as the involvement in Latvian Red Cross as members or volunteers;
- provided new knowledge and skills for all target groups.
The project was implemented in Cēsis Municipality and Valka Municipality.
Funding: 51 074,27 EUR