|Contact information||Contact person|
Phone: +371 67686304
|Head of EU Food Aid Program: Alla Kruglova|
The “Latvian Red Cross” (LatRC) has been providing the activities supported within the framework of the Fund for European Support Aid for the Most Deprived Persons for more than 10 years with more than 360 distribution points throughout the territory of Latvia. On March 25, 2021, LatRC and the Society Integration Fund of Latvia (SIF) signed an agreement (identification number: 2020.FEAD/PO.04/15/27) on the implementation of activities supported under the Fund for European Support Aid for the Most Deprived Persons for the next period – from 01.04.2021. until 31.03.2024.
Detailed information about the Fund for European Support Aid for the Most Deprived Persons program is available on the website: https://www.atbalstapakas.lv/.
At the end of 2021, vulnerable households will be able to receive additional food sets
We would like to inform you that in 05.10.2021. Amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 727 of 25.11.2014 – implementation of the Fund for European Support Aid for the Most Deprived Persons program came into force. From 01.10.2021. until 31.12.2021., each person with an appropriate status certificate issued by the social service has the right to receive one additional food package P2019.
- An additional food package may be issued not earlier than before 01.10.2021., but not later than after 31.12.2021.
- An additional package can be issued in the 4th quarter, if there is a valid certificate at that time.
On 17 December 2020, the Government adopted amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 727 “Regulations for the Implementation of the Operational Program” Provision of Food and Basic Material Assistance to the Most Deprived Persons in the 2014-2020 Planning Period “(hereinafter – amendments to the Cabinet Regulation) in connection with changes in the status of the poor and low-income in the Law on Social Services and Social Assistance.
Amendments to the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers says that as of 1 January 2021, it is possible to receive the support for households that:
- corresponds to the status of a poor household (households whose income will not exceed 272 euros for the first or only person, but for each subsequent person in the household – 190 euros);
- corresponds to the status of a low-income household (households in which the income will not exceed 327 euros for the first or only person, but for each subsequent person in the household – 229 euros);
- are currently in a crisis situation. As before, the basis for receiving the Fund’s support is a certificate issued by the municipal social service.
There is a requirement for certificates issued by social services for low-income households (where the income will not exceed 327 euros for the first or only person, but 229 euros for each subsequent person in the household) to indicate “Household qualifies for EAFRD support in accordance with 25.11.2014. Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 727 “Operational Program“ Provision of Food and Basic Material Assistance to the Most Deprived Persons in the 2014-2020 Planning Period ”. In municipalities where the minimum income threshold for low-income households is set lower than EUR 327/229, all low-income households are eligible for support from the Fund.
- All adults have the opportunity to receive not only food co-financed by the Fund, but also hygiene and household goods, which until now could only be received by children under 18 years of age. In turn, families with children under 12 months of age can choose one of the Foundation’s hygiene product packages, which contain diapers from 5 to 9 kilograms or from 7 to 18 kilograms.
- In addition to the additional measures listed so far, a new type of additional measure has been included: socialization measures for the acquisition of a person’s social role, values, culture, traditions and inclusion in society.
- The conditions for issuing Fund support kits have been simplified by removing the restriction on the frequency of receiving kits. It is envisaged that a person or family may receive individual sets or the whole set of food, hygiene and household items at once during the period of validity of the relevant social service certificate, instead of one set per calendar month, as previously defined.
- Families with children under the age of 24 have the opportunity to receive additional sets of food and hygiene products for young children.
Detailed information about the Fund for European Support Aid for the Most Deprived Persons program is available on the website: https://www.atbalstapakas.lv/ and on Latvian Red Cross website (in Latvian).